A Cuppa Dating
Bamboozled by ghosting, gaslighting, breadcrumbing, catfishing, dog-fishing and all the other new vocabulary that accompanies today’s dating culture? Trying to navigate the wonderful world of modern dating without losing your confidence or your mind? Well maybe I can help.
This was a hot topic with my clients this year. Lots of lovely, sincere people struggling to make sense of it all. I take a step back with clients and work through some tools and techniques to help them come up with a fresh approach.
Given the interest in this area, I am now running dating coaching workshops for small groups of ladies looking to take some time out and review what is and isn’t working for them. The first one was earlier this month and the feedback was great. Participants walked away with lots of food for thought and we had some fun along the way! It’s a 2 ½ hour event where I talk through a workbook I designed, and each participant works through the content at their own pace. It is all done over a cuppa of course and there are opportunities to share stories along the way as well.
So, what kind of things do we look at?
- We start with your relationship with yourself, what is great about you and what you already like about your life. We ensure that you are coming from a place of enhancing your life as opposed to filling a void. I ask key questions like “why would someone be lucky to have you?”
- We then look at your why and what your ultimate vision is. We ensure that you want it for you and not because of societal pressure or any other factors.
- I focus a huge amount on what you’re looking for and breaking it down into needs (non-negotiables), wants (nice to haves) and wishes (aspirational).
- Boundaries is another key area of focus and getting clear on what you deserve and what you won’t tolerate. We also look at how you can be more resilient and bounce back quicker when things don’t go as planned.
- The final step is around where to look and what new things you can try. Apparently, speed-dating is making a comeback!
To give you a bit more of a sense of it, listen to my Dublin City FM radio interview here.
If you’re interested in attending one of my workshops, I have a couple of spaces left on my next two: November 7th and December 5th in the Bestsellers, Dawson Street. Just drop a mail to email@example.com. Looking forward to seeing you at one in the future. Elaine x